Monday, July 25, 2011

Shaking hands all over the world with—more to follow





In 12 days I will have been blogging for one year.  353 days ago I started this blog.  354 days ago I had no idea what a blog was and asked my daughter.  Since then I have made many blogger friends from all over the world.  It’s been a lot of work in addition to my usual schedule. Many times I wondered if my words just floated around in cyberspace—unread. 

This post contains none of my usual humor.   It’s not about a blog party or displaying new creations or craft instructions. I simply want to say thank you to my all my creative blogging friends who make it all worthwhile.  If I don’t mention you now, believe me, I will in the future.  For the next twelve days I am celebrating my Blogoversary with a giveaway, and plenty of blog love.  So here’s to you…

In order to keep this shorter so you can visit all these wonderful blogs, I am listing 5 at a time.  The next 5 will pop-up soon…and then 5 more will materialize.  So when you see the shaking hands—you will find more fantastic blog links.  Just so you know they are in no particular order…they are all fantastic!!!

1.     Heather is a talented illustrator.  When you are down and not feeling particularly happy, visit her blog for a guaranteed smile.  rosehilldesigns.blogspot.com

2.     There is one very talented family living in the Northwestern United States.  These sisters prove that creativity is sometimes genetic.  From creative art to paper mache Santas they are sure to inspire awe with their unbridled talent.  Be sure to visit the blogs of Maddy, Maggie and Marlene.  santaandthemrs.blogspot.com ***  offmyrocker-maggie.blogspot.com *** marlenes-musings.blogspot.com

3.     If it’s computer tutorials you desire along with your beautiful art then be sure to visit Geri.  She has also started a listing of blogging artists so blog on over and get on the list.  myheartartbygeri.com   and  artseebloggers.com

4.     Bloggers who give up their precious time hosting blog parties, like Kristin and Eva for Paint Party Friday,  Mmm for Creative Tuesdays,  Sophia with Sunday Sketches and Diana at Sweet Saturdays make blogging even more fun. kristindudish.blogspot.com ***   ejl-tbd.blogspot.com*** goodteatoo.blogspot.com***  bluechairdiary.blogspot.com ***   dianaevans.blogspot.com

5.     When I think how small the world has become with the internet I think of my dear non U.S. friends.  Valerie in Germany who creates wonderful tags and cards, and Judy in Wales with her wonderfully beautiful paintings and whimsical Greeting cards. bastelmania-craftattack.blogspot.com ***  judyadamsonartanddesign.blogspot.com

      Thats all for today, more coming soon!!! Heres to a big  :-)  ((((   )))) and laughter


21 comments:

Heather said...

oh crystal!!! this made my day! I totally feel the same way - i always talk about my "blog friends" to my family! I say, oh , my blog friend in virginia, says, ...and so on!

how wonderful for you to mention me too - here in this post!
How clever to call it a hand shake all over the world! I am so glad to call you my friend, and am enjoy everytime i visit with you!
Congratulations on your 1 year Anniversary!!!
Great post today!

xoxox
heather

maddyrose said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary. I'm so happy that I found your blog as visiting it has become one of the highlights of my day. You are such a talented artist and your writing is always enjoyable to read. Heck...you even have a dog named Maddy, how cool is that? I'm going to visit the blogs on your list that I'm not familiar with. I'm proud to call you my friend. Hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, thank you soooooooo much! What a lovely idea, and I feel very honoured to be mentioned. I know people sometimes use the internet for bad things, but it is such a wonderful way to meet people and stay in contact with the world. I am alone a lot, but thanks to my online friends, I don't feel lonely! Hugs, Valerie

Jenn Bower said...

Congratulations, Crystal. It is a wonderful world we have here in the art community. You've picked a great 5 (although admittedly I only know a few). Your hands are fabulous! I've spent an entire weekend trying to draw them in various 'cartoon' forms so really appreciate your artistry here.

Kristin Dudish said...

Happy Blogoversary!

This post makes me so happy (and not just because you mentioned me, but that's pretty cool too - thank you ;) ) What an honor to be included with such fun, creative, and inspiring people.

I am actually a little bit choked up (seriously)... I feel the same way about the friends I have made in the blogging world. Bob & Tyler both know lots of blogging buddies by name because I talk about all of you guys like I've known you forever!

It is always so much fun to visit you... I love your sense of humor, your kind heart, and your wonderful talent! I am so glad we 'met'!

Congratulations on an amazing 1st year - I look forward to seeing many more :)

xo
Kristin

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful thing to do!! Happy Blogging aniversary!!!!

Franz said...

Beautiful Job and happy birthday for the your blog.

Ciao!!

Netty said...

Happy Blogversary. I know exactly how you feel as I had my first blogversary this year as well. Blogging friends are the best, so supportive and always there for you and so generous about sharing their art. Annette x

Magic Love Crow said...

Hugs back to you Crystal! And, happy birthday for your blog!

Wanda said...

Crystal, what a delightful way to celebrate your year of blogging. I only sorry I met you only a few months ago, but have enjoyed every one of your posts.

It will be so fun meeting all your blogging friends.

Lee Pierce said...

A year? WOW! and doesn't time fly while you're blogging :D

I love your hands drawing! The internet has made it easier to visit with friends around the world - and NO jet lag!
Thanks for giving me creative ideas (with some simple instructions), a few chuckles and lots of beautiful art!
I am glad you decided to share yourself.

Marlene said...

You are so sweet to mention all of us, I am flattered. I love your blog and your artwork. I see we visit a lot of the same bloggers and I too consider you and all of them my friends. It is a small world after all. Congratulations on one year.

Liz Revit said...

Crystal, it seems like I've been following your blog longer than that. Anyway, congratulations!!!

Maggie said...

Hi Crystal! I haven't been able to visit all of the blogs that I like to visit due to technical issues, and was I surprised to see my name here. How sweet you are to mention the three of us.
Congratulations on your first year!
Maggie

jamberry_song said...

That drawing is GORGEOUS. And this is a brilliant idea! These are great blogs and I'm so glad you shared them. I never grow tired of visiting blogs. ^__^

1CardCreator said...

I've followed you from Vals blog, she speaks highly of you. You do have a lovely blog, I will start following you and possibly some of your featured 5. So nice of you to feature all your friends. ~Diane

Geri said...

Crystal, Congrats on your one year anniversary. Thanks so much for mentioning me - how sweet are you!!! I totally agree with your sidebar. I've been Geri Gozur (born) Geri Nowak and now Geri Centonze and it's been a hassle having 3 surnames...it's like 3 different lives. Big hugs for being one of my blogging buddies! Now I'm off to check on the blogs you listed ♥

Gerri Herbst said...

Beautiful post today...Happy Bogaverssary! Mine will be in Sept, where did the time go? The friends we make in the blog world are as dear as someone who lives down the street! take care, gerri

manomij said...

I am happy to have found you! X

Stock Tips said...

Just wanted to let you know I love your blog and am your newest follower!

Other Sites Like Youtube said...

Thanks for sharing your ideas. I'm just glad I was been able to visit your site. Keep it up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails