Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dagnabbit 2




New American Captcha Dictionary (unauthorized of course)

I know I already wrote about captcha but lately I am thinking I need to follow up on my train wreck of thought. I still get the giggles when I see some captcha phrases.  For those who don’t know what captcha is let me enlighten you.

 Captcha is the term that describes squished, mangled, and made up words that you must type (with a straight face) before you can enter a comment or even visit some sites.  These words are an attempt to thwart hackers from wreaking havoc.  How was that for a definition?  I am sure you all have come in contact with captcha, but like me only a few short weeks ago didn’t know that it actually had a name.

Personally I have started to write down some amusing ones and give them actual Crystal-ized definitions.  They are:

Verspit – (verse-spit) adj   Of or pertaining to mean spirited poetry.

Shwod -  (shwod) n. slang nerd; wimp

Frises – (frizzies) adj.  what happens to one’s hair on a rainy day.

Raisnc – (raisin-c)  n.  the third raisin.

Physt – (fist)  n. slang  term used for one’s hand tightly balled

Conecal – (cone-cal) n.  the weight watchers gauge.

Clica – (click-a) n. the name used to describe thing in your husband’s hand that changes the channels.

Please forgive any dictionary errors.  Webster I am not.


13 comments:

Marlene said...

Quite Amusing.

Art with Liz said...

You made me laugh! Very clever. Latest word pilyrm - your definition?

Jehanne's doodles said...

oh very good :D I like the 3rd raisin :D))

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely words! My word now is *rusiv* - wonder what that means? Valerie

Daniella said...

I hate word verification! I had no idea it has an actual name! Ridiculous.

The third raisin! cracked me up!!

I have a friend who won't get rid of word verification, so I write it at the bottom of every comment I leave her!!!

xxdaniella

WAIT! YOU HAVE IT TOO!! Now, I must write every one of them here, so you can give us a definition.

oearchil

???????

EVA said...

Crystal - get rid of yours! You can't do anything about anyone else's except with posts like this! At least you have it set so you see it before you have hot enter and are ready to leave. I'm sure some of my comments never get through as I've thought I was done and left too quickly.

reous = righteous and riotous (and usually describes laughter)

Carol Blackburn said...

I did this very thing on a Yahoo blog I used to have. I love the silly words some of these captchas make. The one on this comment is "jight" - hmmmm, that's a tricky one. I love it when the captcha word fits the subject of the post in some way.

Lee Pierce said...

HA! Very cute, Crystal ;^)
PS I got "guismal"

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks for the chuckle today!

Magic Love Crow said...

Too funny Crystal! I like "Conecal"! Have a great day!

Maggie said...

LOL, love this post! So, what does bartfach mean?
And, I wonder what my captcha, "unnell", means?

Leovi said...

I love your interesting sense of humor. But the Captcha is a nuisance.

Betsy Brock said...

Hee hee! I always laugh at those word thingys! Love your definitions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails