Thursday, December 23, 2010

DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS?


Arabian in the snow ACEO



I think we may have a white Christmas this year.  Its odd but through the years that is thing I always hope for.  Then came last year with its back-to-back snowstorms that piled up so much snow I couldn’t get out of my neighborhood for days. For weeks there was no school and I discovered what it meant to have cabin fever.

I live in the part of Virginia that usually gets very little snow. It does snow around these parts but it’s usually gone the next day.  Sometimes we even get enough to build a snowman, most of the time, though he is just a puddle by midday.

The worst part of snow in Va. Is the fact that nobody around here knows what to do about it.  They don’t know how to drive in it, get rid of it, or clear it out of parking lots.  The stores are crowded with people expecting to hunker down for months. Grocery store shelves are bare and you practically have to go on the black market to get any of the basic three… bread, milk, and toilet paper. The way we act around here cause northerners to roll on the floor with laughter.

Still I always long for the white stuff around Christmas.  Blame it on the song “White Christmas.”  So now they are calling for a snow to begin on Christmas and end…well maybe the day after.  That pretty much is cause for an apocalypse around here.

I think I just may ask Santa for a snow blower.  

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

5 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Very cute post Crystal! It makes me laugh, like you said, when people don't know what to do with it, because I have always had snow, and I know what to do with it! LOL! And, I treasure it! I hope you get your snow and your snow blower!! ;o) Merry Christmas

Lee Pierce said...

So much the same out here - I hail from the great white north and 40 years of snow filled winters...never slowed me down. 2 years ago we got 6 inches and I was trapped in the house for 2 1/2 weeks.

Merry Christmas!

Liz Revit said...

Crystal, what a lovely painting!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year!

Rona Gregory said...

Yup, I came from Bognor Regis on the Southern coast of the UK, we never had snow. Now they have lashings of it! Last January we had a heavy snow fall and it actually stayed for a week! And like you the shops were empty, schools closed, people stayed at home! Now I'm here in Northern Ontario, not as much snow as usual for us but more than I'm used to and we act like it's no big deal! apart from me getting all excited that is.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year

Ro xxx

jamberry_song said...

I hope your Christmas was wonderful! Beautiful horse piece. ^__^ We're getting our snow today (day after Christmas), but I hope you got a little white for yours! :) Best wishes to you and your family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails