|"He's a Pistol." 11 x 14 Acrylic|
So you think your pretty sharp when it comes to TV and Movie Land? Let’s see if you’ve been really paying attention. Take this quiz and see just how many horse names you know. Yes, I said horse, you didn't think it would be easy did you? So lets gets to it, scoring and answers at the end, so don't peek!
1. What was the name of Zorro’s Horse?
2. Remember the show that began with the William Tell Overture? Who was that masked man? I think you know who he was, but what was his horse’s name?
3. And that Lone Ranger would be lost without his faithful sidekick, Tonto. What was Tonto’s horse’s name?
4. What was Wilbur’s Post’s horse’s name? Hint: He talked.
5. John Wayne had many a horse but what was the name of the one he rode in the movie “True Grit.”
6. The old cowboy star Gene Autry sang about Rudolf, but can you remember his horse’s name?
7. Roy Rogers was a popular cowboy star, but his horse was even more popular. When the horse died Roy had him mounted in a rearing pose. What was his horse’s name?
8. What was Dale Evan’s horse’s name? For those who don't know she was Roy's better half.
9. Gumby, remember him? If you do, then you know he has a horsey pal. What was his name?
10. On the show Mash, what was Colonel Potter’s horse’s name?
11. What was the Cisco kid’s horse’s name?
12. Before Liz Taylor married multiple times she played Velvet Brown in the movie National Velvet…. what was her horse’s name?
13. What was the name of the horse based on Anna Sewell’s novel, “Black Beauty”? Ok, that was a freebie in case you didn’t notice.
14. Xena, warrior princess named her horse after cornstarch? Not really but what was his name anyway?
15. On the show “Seinfeld,” what was the name of Aunt Manya's imaginary pony?
1. Tornado , 2. Silver, 3. Scout, 4. Mr. Ed, 5. Beau, 6. Champion, 7. Trigger, 8. Buttermilk, 9. Pokey, 10. Sophie, 11. Diablo, 12. Pie, 13. Black Beauty, 14. Argo, 15. Edmund
13-15 correct: Fantastic, you get the blue ribbon and the loving cup.
9-12 correct: Good job, I see you’ve been paying attention to everything galloping on your TV screen
6-8 correct: Time to hit Netflix for some old movies and shows
3-5 correct: Seriously? That’s all you could come up with?
1-3 correct: Give it up-- guess the only horses you are interested in are under your cars hood.
Be sure and check out all the other fantastic art to be found at PAINT PARTY FRIDAY and tell em...Secretariat (Va. triple crown winner) and Crystal sent you. Thanks again to our wonderful hosts, Kristin and Eva!