Vacation time is almost here and road trips may be in the cards. Bet you didn’t know that felt sticks to itself, did you? Why not make a travel felt doll to entertain your favorite little girl on long car rides? This project is super quick to make and uses very little supplies. You can change Miss Bear’s clothing by simply pressing onto the doll. This portable play set uses an inexpensive pocket folder for storing extra clothing. Don’t fret; little boy projects are in the works!
Print out the pattern on a full size 8 ½” x 11” pieces of paper.
You will need:
Felt in various colors
Inexpensive pocket folder
Extras such as, lace, ribbon, buttons, whatever you have on hand
Two googly eyes and one tiny pompom for nose (you can substitute a small circle of black felt instead of a pompom)
Black dimensional fabric paint
1. Glue felt onto the front and back of the folder.
2. Trace the pattern onto the correct colors of felt and cut out. (see photo) Cut the main bear body from a piece of tan felt. Cut the belly, ear, and muzzle pieces out of light tan. Center the main body piece on the front of the folder that you have already covered with felt. Attach with tacky glue. Glue on the ears, muzzle and belly pieces. Glue the googly eyes and nose as shown (See photo) Draw the mouth shape with the fabric paint and let dry completely
3. Cut out the clothing pieces and decorate with embellishments as shown.
4. Store the clothing in the pockets. Clothing sticks to the felt bear without tabs.
5. Why not use the patterns to make lots of clothes in different felt colors.