This little ornament is so quick and easy you can whip up a bunch in no time flat. They make great little party favors or package decorations.
You will need:
Embossed felt in tan
Tacky glue (I use Aleene’s quick grab)
Red Sparkle pom pom (you can substitute regular if you can’t find sparkle)
Six-inch scrap of gold cord
Rhinestone, button, or bauble, for covering where the cord is attached
Two Candy canes
1. Cut a piece of tan embossed felt 2 inches by 9 inches.
2. Draw a line of tacky glue down the side of both edges. Fold in half to attach. Use clothespins at the bottom edges to hold together until the glue dries. You have made a 4 ½ x 2-inch pocket.
3. Put a dab of glue inside the top center and hold together till set. This will guide the candy canes.
4. Glue on two wiggly eyes and a pom pom close to the bottom for the reindeer face. (See photo for placement) Let dry.
5. Turn over and glue on a loop of gold cord. Add some more glue and stick a Rhinestone or bauble to cover where you attached the cord.
Remember, if you want to win the Candy cane ornaments, be sure to say so in your comments. I will be drawing a name this weekend and sending it out next week. More Quick and easy projects are coming so gather the kids and get crafting!