Today marks the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic which prompted me to admit a few embarrassing things about myself that in the past I would never have admitted in a hundred years. Before I do though, I would like to say a prayer for the 1500 souls who lost their lives on the Titanic.
1. I love the movie “Titanic.” When channel surfing if I happen to pass by a station that is showing the movie, I stop and I watch for the umpteenth thousandth time. Of course I cry every time, but everybody needs to have a good cry now and then don't you think? And yes I plunked down a overpriced amount of hard earned cash to see it in 3-D.
2. When I watched the movie I fell in love with Leonardo De Caprio. I’m over it now. All I had to do was watch J Edgar and I was cured.
3. I am jealous of Kate Winslet. No, it’s not because of Jack. The reason is simple. She is just so gosh darned China Doll gorgeous, and I knew that before she played Rose.
4. I actually like the song in the movie by Celine Dion.
5. I am scared to death of the water and drowning and the irony of this is that my husband loves the water. He is practically a fish and he dreamed of being an oceanographer when he was in High School. As for me, I don’t like getting in water where slimy things like sharks may live. Guess I’ve watched way too many movies. Yes, I can swim--well maybe I can swim. I haven’t checked it out of late. Is it like riding a bicycle where you never forget???
P.S. To my Greek friends and family today is Greek Easter so from me to you-- Christos Anesti! :-)