Friday, September 7, 2012

Painting on glass and paint party friday



I know it's been a while since I have participated in Paint party friday due to personal issues, mainly carpal tunnel surgery on my painting hand!  It's getting better daily although my thumb still hurts sometimes and my pointer has a bit of numbness.  I still think a tiny numbness is a good trade off for waking up with my whole hand numb.

To the point, Crystal!  Ok, this week I finally tried a bit of painting and I must admit that my hand hurt a bit afterwards but it was a good hurt.  (The doctor told me that it could hurt for up to a year)

This weekend is my step-daughter's birthday.  In my family I always allow the birthday honoree to choose a menu for dinner.  Anything goes and through the years, there have been some really unusual requests.  My husband always chooses eggplant parmesan and strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream. Once my son chose hot dogs and enchiladas.  For my daughter the menu consisted of potato soup, london broil and fun-fetti cake.  This time, (remember I said anything goes?)...it's Bang-bang shrimp tacos, orzo, and angel food cake.  Not exactly a go together meal is it?

I thought it would be nice to paint a wineglass to set on the counter with the odd culinary companions.  Since she loves cherries, well, that was the theme.  

Painting on glass is not hard if you haven't tried it give it a go.  You will need enamel paint specifically for glass and when it has dried for at least 48 hours you need to bake it in a home oven for a 1/2 hour at 325 degrees to set the paint.  Most of the time this allows you to put it in the dishwasher but I recommend hand washing...I mean do you ever put your wine-glasses in the dishwasher?  I don't.

I thought a fishy one would be cool so I did that too


I will try and visit throughout the weekend and hope you all have great one!

Crystal

Paint Party Friday

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The glasses look good. Glad you can paint a bit again. And about birthday meals - tastes are different! I always make goulash with home made SpƤtzle, (Noodles). Valerie

Christine said...

I love your wine glass craft, almost tempted to try it, it's beautiful! Enjoyed reading everyone's favourite foods...all different!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Wonderful glass painting, Crystal!
So glad to hear your painting hand is healing. :)
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Lynn Cohen said...

How amazing that you are able to paint so well with the pain in your hand/fingers. These are so cool. The birthday gal will love hers!!!!
It was fun to read about everyones food choices! Happy Birthday and HPPF too!

Marji said...

Oh.. love this. I think drinking from a wine glass with beautiful gold fish encircling my favorite cab would be devine. Happy PPF

Taelia88 said...

Your glasses are so cute, adorable, fun! I like them!!
I hope in a good recovery from the surgery!
Have a nice evening and happy birthday to your step-daughter!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

The wine glasses look beautiful! I've never tried glass painting. So glad your hand has healed enough for you to begin painting again.

Faye said...

It was fascinated to read the various menus you have prepared for birthday honorees. You are a brave woman who must love to cook. Your painted wine glasses are super beautiful. I'm thinking how neat a whole set of them would be. Hope your hand finishes up the healing process soon.

Tracey FK said...

so glad you are back painting and hope the hand gets stronger and stronger so you can get back to it regularly... the menus blew me away...xx

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

The fish on th eglass was pure genius! Love the volume of th echerries.
~~~healing vibes for our hands~~~

Anne Manda said...

Beautiful glasses, very creative and original! HPPF!

izzy said...

Thanks for sharing your fish! what a great idea- I love painted glass- :)

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely painted glass ~ Happy Birthday to the birthday girl ~ (A Creative Harbor)

PS ~ had surgery for Carpal ~ on both hands ~ did take time to heal ~ sending you lots of healing hugs ^_^

Unknown said...

beautiful paintings on glass. Glad your hand is healing. happy PPF.

Ayala Art said...

ohmygosh I love the fishies!!

Magic Love Crow said...

I hope your hand keeps getting better and better! Very painful! I love the glasses!!! So much fun! I love the food too! LOL! Hugs ;o)

Natasha said...

I suspect I may have carpal tunnel, my hand wakes up numb, and I wake up during the night with a lot of pain, but I am too scared to go see my doctor, I need to man up. I love what you have done, and the fishes...amazing!

Duaa said...

Beautiful glasses!

JKW said...

The glasses look excellent. I could see a purchase coming here. . . seriously, they are beautiful. Blessings, Janet PPF (welcome back)

Gloria j Zucaro said...

That's some dinner menu! Fun! I really like both glasses, great subject matter. I really love the fish, as I once had ponds and fish tanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails