Sunday, October 14, 2012

No football or politics




You know if you want to keep friends and sometimes even relatives there are two things you never discuss—football and politics. 

Today I am on my way to a NFL football game.  I come from a long line of football fanatics.  My two brothers, daughter, son, husband and step-kids all adore the game.  The only issue is that it ends up like the Civil war with brother against brother. 

I’m for one team (and I’m not saying which one since that would be breaking my rule even though since I’ve lived in the Washington D.C. area most of life it isn’t that hard to figure out) and my husband, stepdaughter, and in-laws are for another. 

Now, most of the time things run smoothly and we tolerate each other’s allegiance, unless of course the two teams are playing each other.  Today my husband’s team and mine are battling it out. 

Interesting to say the least. 

To be continued….

5 comments:

Judy Adamson said...

Since I moved to Wales ten years ago, I've got caught up in the fortunes of the Welsh Rugby team - it's impossible not to!

But when England play Wales in the Six Nations Tournament, I get into some awkward conversations with my fellow English and my family keep reminding me that I'm English and ought to support England . . .

Magic Love Crow said...

This could be scary! LOL! I hope everything has went well ;o)

Christine said...

oh good luck!

Rita said...

I don't discuss football, politics, or religion. ;) Good luck!

Heather said...

Yes, you are right. Discussing politics is an easy way to end a friendship! lol.
hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails