Sunday, July 21, 2013

O, well that is for Opal one of my favorite stones



Continuing with the my ABCs of the natural world I get to the letter O.  O-- is for Opal.  I have quite a few opals.  I was told that an Opal is lucky, but there are plenty of rumors and myths surrounding opals and some to the contrary.

The reasons I love opals:

They have personalities, like people and no two are ever exactly alike.

The colors within can be fiery like fire or cool like the ocean.

Opal is the birthstone for October.  While my birthday falls on the second to the last day of September, my daughter was born in October.


October’s Child is born of woe
And life’s vicissitudes must know.
But lay an opal on her breast
And it will lull those woes to rest

Unknown author



Click on the link to check out these Myths and legends about Opals

So O in my book is for Opal. Do you have any opals?


5 comments:

Christine said...

I'm more of a diamond kind of girl!

Faye said...

Gorgeous opal ring! I have earrings and pendants with opals since my birthday is in October. Like you, I think they are really beautiful in their diversity.

Magic Love Crow said...

Opals are beautiful! But, I have to admit, I don't have any! I love fire opals! Maybe I should treat myself to one ;o) Hugs ;o)

Judy Adamson said...

It's beautiful, Crystal. Somehow an opal grabs my imagination; it's as if it's the door to another world :)

I didn't know that rhyme about October babies - are there rhymes about each month?

Betty said...

I have always loved opals and October is the month our son was born. I heard one story that the stone is only lucky to those born in the month of October.

Related Posts with Thumbnails