You can create these cute little bags in a flash, just in time to fill them with your favorite Valentine candy. They are easy enough for a child with some adult supervision. I found farm cardboard animal stencils in a little book form for only $1.50. These little stencils are available from Dover books and you can pick them up in gift ships and craft stores. You can, of course, use any other stencils if desired. Or you can even make your own stencil. Future posts will explain how to easily create you own original stencils.
You will need:
Mini 6” x 6” fabric bags (I got mine at the craft store and they came three in a package)
Acrylic paint (choose your favorite color)
Small pre-cut felt hearts
Clear sparkle dimensional fabric paint
Piece of scrap cardboard
Paper plate to use as a palette
1. Prepare the bag. Place a piece of cardboard inside the bag in order to keep the paint from bleeding through. Attach a few pieces of masking tape to the stencil edges to hold it in place while painting.
2. Squirt a small amount of acrylic paint (I used metallic) on the paper plate. Using the stencil brush, dip into the paint but do not over load the brush. You do not need much paint on the brush. The brush should be almost dry.
3. Use a swirling circular motion to apply the paint starting at the edges and working to the center. Make sure the stencil stays in place and doesn’t shift. Remove the stencil carefully and let dry.
4. Glue the felt hearts across the top edge of the bag with the fabric glue. Alternate the colors of the hearts. Let dry.
5. Use the dimensional fabric paint to outline the stenciled horse randomly.
Since the bags came in a pack of three why not make two more??