I think the title says it all. If you are staggering around from a night with little or no sleep and are dying for a cup of Joe, perhaps it a good idea to get someone else to fix it.
My husband usually gets the coffee ready to brew at night before he goes to bed. Then all I have to do it push the button and in a few short minutes, a hot steaming aroma permeates the air and I pour a cup to help grease those rusty wheels.
Once in a while, he forgets or is just too busy. On those mornings any of the following scenarios may result.
1. The coffee can is nearly empty. I realize, too late that I should of bought some the day before. I wet my finger and dip it in the coffee dust at the bottom of the can, and eagerly lick it off. It just doesn’t seem to do the trick. And besides it tastes awful.
2. I manage to get a brew going. After a few minutes I follow the enticing aroma. I discover that I have forgotten to put the carafe on the warmer. I find a mini ocean of the steaming hot liquid encompassing the length of my counter and floor. And there is no quicker picker upper for that mess.
3. I ready everything I think, and after waiting for 20 minutes or so I wonder why I don’t smell the coffee. It’s a fact; coffee needs water, so why didn’t I fill the reservoir?
4. I manage to brew a good pot and after four cups with no effect I realize that I have grabbed the can of de-caf I keep for company by mistake. Note to self: Keep the de-caf in my kitchens equivalent of Siberia.
5. I manage to get a pot brewed and it does the trick but is not very satisfying taste-wise. It is either weak enough to put in a babies bottle or so strong that it makes Starbuck’s seem weak by comparison.
6. And last but not least, I get the coffee ready and I know it will be perfect, but after I wait with patience I do not possess, I find, I forgot to push the on button!
I think it’s time for a coffee break, don’t you?
Don't forget my year in blogging giveaway...just say in the comments that you would like to be included. I certainly wouldn't want to put someone's name in the hat who didn't want to be included!
Some more of my fav blogs...
craftymoosecrafts.blogspot.com ***myfivemen.blogspot.com *** carriewaller.blogspot.com ***nettyscraftings.blogspot.com ***artsyfartsyus.blogspot.com