Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Snow White without a dwarf in sight


No water that I saw



This past weekend my hubby and I decided to drive to Washington D.C. to take in a museum and enjoy the nice weather.  This time we chose to take our car and our chances with parking instead of taking the metro as usual.  And since it was such a nice day on Sunday we stopped and got some sandwiches, drinks and chips for a lunch in the park. 

A very unusual looking pigeon

Now, I know that a lot of people don’t like you to feed the wild birds, but I love animals and when those itty bitty little eyes look at me and my sandwich, well, I just can’t resist.  And besides I wasn’t the first, because they knew just how to beg for the best result.  I must admit that the sparrows, pigeons, starlings, squirrels and ducks in the nation’s capital our very well behaved.  There is no pushing or shoving and they all patiently sat there waiting their turns.  There was none of the stealing and squawking the seagulls on the boardwalks are known to do…. they were sweet.

This little guy had a genetic mutation of coloring 

And while I was sitting there with my husband just shaking his head and not sharing at all I felt, well, just like Snow White without the singing. And seriously, I really didn't need the carbs!

Can't forget the squirrels

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

How nice to see such a variety of wild life in Washington! Thanks for sharing the lovely photos! Valerie

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Lovely day out!
I felt like Snow white last week too, and our pigeon was quite similar to the one in your picture. :) Distant cousins, maybe.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Here´s the pic of ours:
http://keepitsimplemakeitgreat.blogspot.com.ar/2012/04/week-17.html

Christine said...

what a lovely day you had!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I love birds of a different feather! Looks like you enjoyed the day.

maddyrose said...

Love the photos and I'm not the least bit surprised to hear you shared your lunch with the local wild life. :o}

Magic Love Crow said...

This is so precious Crystal! I would have been feeding them all too ;o) Have a great weekend ;o)

EVA said...

That is a cute pigeon (if pigeons can be cute...)! You are too sweet, Crystal!

Christine said...

It's hard for me to resist feeding them too! We were in San Francisco recently and I was surprised by how there were more pigeons than gulls!

montyandrosie said...

Heh - I love that you went to Washington DC and took pics of the pigeons and not the buildings! Am grinning at my monitor. Great pics, too, of course!

Related Posts with Thumbnails