Thursday, May 3, 2012

Are you a dog person, a cat person, a hamster person…?




I think that most people fall into a pet category, so, what kind of pet person are you? 

There are those who are diehard cat people.  Sometimes, their personalities mimic those of the royal aloof feline.  And when I say royal, I mean royal.  How many of us have someone at our beck and call 24/7 to feed, pet and clean our bathroom? 

The dog people think they are the best.  They are rather loyal and true blue if I do say so myself.  They walk around covered in fur…no not the kind that has PETA up in arms…the ones that come from petting and loving their furry friends.

The reptile people can’t understand why there are those who don’t think that scaly and cold-blooded creatures are endearing.  I mean they are rather useful; rats are a nuisance to humans but to reptiles they are a snack.  And what little boy hasn't used one to attract the attention of a little girl?

The hamster people must be night owls…because seriously who can sleep while that little guy runs on his squeaky wheel all night long?

The fish people are stress free.  Everyone knows that aquariums are relaxing, that is until you have to clean all 55 gallons of it or have a toilet bowl funeral.

The bunny people never have to buy another bunny again, as they scratch their heads and wonder why the buck bunny they bought turned out to be a pregnant doe.

The horse people go broke.  Yes I speak from experience.  What with horse shows, vets, farriers, and feeding a 1,000 lb. animal…well, there isn’t much money left for much else.

And then there are the bird people.  You recognize them since they always sport a stray feather or two, and have to tell you about the ten new words in Tweety's vocabulary.

I won’t even go into the insect realm, but there are those people too. 

Yes I guess everyone fits into a pet category. What am I?  Well, I am covered in dog hair; I have a pooper-scooper in my right hand and my checkbook in my left.  When I walk into Petsmart they greet me by name as I grab some fish food and pick the birdseed out of my hair.  So…. you be the judge.  

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha, thats funny, I have shared my life with cats dogs hamsters guinnea pigs, rabbits , fish and birds, chickens and a pet rat, and one turtle, but truth be told I'm a cat person,

GlorV1 said...

I have had a few of this and that. Various birds, lots of cats, rabbits, and of course the every faithful family pet members dogs. I have had many, lost many and have two left. Outside we have lots of chickens, breeding birds, various types, roosters and birds in the sky who are always in our yard. Our favorites are our family pet members dogs, always and forever. I love horseys too.:))

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I've shared my life with all sorts of animals, now basically cats, horses and wild birds :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice post! I can just imagine you! I am not allowed to have any pets where I live now, which is sad, I miss my cats and dogs. I think animals often bring out the best parts in us! Valerie

Christine said...

you know, I'm not really a pet person at all. My sis recently got a beautiful cat and I'm amazed at their intelligence.

izzy said...

I have some of everything except
pet birds and fish.... Yes horses are expensive however I just love their company. Thanks

Netty said...

I don't have a particular favourite as I love all animals and your collage of beautiful paintings are wonderful. Enjoy the weekend Crystal. x

Craftymoose Crafts said...

While I don't have any pets right now, (husbands don't count, do they?)I grew up with fish, birds and dogs--not birddogs--parakeets and Shetland Sheepdogs. After years of begging we finally got our then middle school age daughter a hamster.

Heather Foust said...

This is such a cute post! I am definately a Dog person. I love cats but I am allergic. I had a goldfish once for 10 years. No thank you on the reptiles. Except turtles I like. Horses I am a bit afraid I had a bad experience riding one, I was a little girl and it took off on me. Someone had to gallop to make it stop. And the next time I hung out with a horse it bit my sister. His name was Pickle. I think he thought my sister had something in her hand. I think they are so beautiful. But I don't want to ride one. I will just look.

Anonymous said...

I'm an animal person...over the years dogs, cats, turtles, fish, and a spikey mouse have found their way into my heart and home (shed). I can't imagine my life without them!

Magic Love Crow said...

Well, I have to admit, I am a cat person, although, I do love dogs ;o)

maddyrose said...

I've had dogs, cats, birds, turtles, a rabbit, hamsters and a lizard or two. I even had a couple of grandkids who were very much like little monkeys. I guess I'd have to say I have no favorites but love them all.

Judy Adamson said...

I've had most of the animals you mention at one time or another when my children were younger. Not the reptiles, unless you count tortoises! We also kept a couple of goats for a while but I wasn't at all fond of them - they kept escaping into the neighbour's garden and when I tried to milk one of them, she stepped in the bucket where I had collected about a quarter of a pint of milk! Cats, are my out-and-out favourites and I've never understood the attraction of dogs and horses - except at a distance! Though recently, since I've come across so many dog-loving artists, I've found myself smiling at dogs I meet while shopping . . . as long as they are firmly attached to their owners by a lead!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Crystal, loved your post and its so true, the pet that has escaped me is a Horse , might fall off the balcony !!had everything from a Hamster to a Python I just love all gods little creatures

Marie

Cowgirl Red said...

I'm all of the above and a turtle person. :)

montyandrosie said...

I'm one of the ones constantly covered in fur, with poo bags in pocket, cheque book ready and an ear always out for restlessness which can denote all kinds of things from small emergencies to great adventures. High-paw to you all from Jeff-Dog!

Christine said...

Bird person through and through!

You're comment about horse people made me laugh out loud. It sums up my boss's daughter who can't afford to move out :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails