Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful thoughts



Thanksgiving is a time for thanks.  It isn’t supposed to be the precursor to Black Friday.  So what are you thankful for?  Thanks can be totally anatomical.  Yes that is what I said…so lets examine the anatomy of Thankfulness.

I am thankful for my eyes that can see all the beauty of this world.  They can read and educate my mind. My eyes can see the good but also the bad.  Because I see, I can enjoy the good and do my best to try to change the bad.

I am thankful for my hands that they may create.  They can create beauty with paint and brush. They can write.  Most of all they can create love with a simple hug, pat on the back or warm handshake.

I am thankful for my legs.  They can take me to places of wonder.

I am thankful for my sense of smell, without which I would not be able to enjoy the pine of the forest, the grass after the rain, the flowers in spring, the coffee in the morning, and the turkey in the oven.

I am thankful for my voice.  My voice can tell those most dear that I love them.  It can encourage someone who is without hope.  It can sing. 

I am thankful for my ears.  They can hear the soft murmurings of a baby as he sleeps.  They can hear the purr of a kitten, and they can hear laughter.  And just imagine a world without music.

I am thankful for my mind.  A mind can remember.  Those who are no longer with us in body are always with us in our memories.

I am thankful for my lungs that can breathe.  I can take in the fresh mountain air.  I can run and play and blow bubbles with children.

I am thankful for the pains I experience whether they are physical or mental.  They are what allow me to enjoy the times of no pain so much more.

I am thankful for my heart.  Even though it is only poetically I am so very thankful it allows me to love.

And finally….

I am thankful for those who even without these things I have mentioned have managed to soar above them and excel for they are the ones who are truly inspirational.

Happy Thanksgiving!  J

2 comments:

Lee Pierce said...

ZEven in this down economy we all have plenty to be thankful for. Thanks for the reminder.

Carol Blackburn said...

Mornin' Crystal, a truly beautiful and inspirational Thanksgiving post. Besides all those things you mentioned I am also thankful for the wonderful people I've connected with through their blogs, the things I learned, and the lives I've been allowed to be part of. No where else can you touch and be touched by people from every corner of the world.
Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Related Posts with Thumbnails