|Black and white horse ACEO|
The holidays will soon be upon us and your gift list is getting longer by the day. Now, it seems that you have several on your list who are horse lovers and you would love to buy them a unique gift that they will really appreciate. The following list will give you some ideas making this less of a chore and more of a fun experience.
1. Quality coloring books are a always a good idea. You can include crayons or colored pencils. Dover books have a wide assortment of coloring books that are a step above those purchased in Dept. Stores. You can find them on the Internet, in gift shops, and tack shops.
2. Collectible model horses are a good choice for children over the age of 3. Breyer, Peter Stone, and others are some of the names to check out. You can even get some that are unpainted with supplies included to allow the child to create their own original model.
3. Horse print T-Shirts, sweatshirts, or other horsey apparel are a welcome gift. You can find these almost everywhere and in every price range.
4. Horse themed jewelry is a good choice. What child doesn’t like big-girl jewelry? It doesn’t have to be costly and there are many inexpensive jewelry items available. An online resource such as Etsy.com is a wonderful source for a handmade one of a kind item. Tack shops, gift shops and other retailers also carry horsey jewelry.
5. If your intended giftee is a horse owner, horse treats and grooming supplies available at Tack Shops and online are always appreciated. Make sure when purchasing grooming supplies they are colorful and geared for children. Many times you can find totes that contain the needed items, perfect for gift giving.
6. Calendars depicting horses are a great gift and can be found in many stores and online.
7. A magazine subscription to a magazine featuring horses gives a year’s worth of enjoyment.
8. If you can get a nice photo of the child’s horse or pony, blow it up and frame it. You can also commission an artist to create a one of a kind heirloom painting. Check in your area for local artists or search online.
9. Horse note cards, or stationary/diaries are great for tweens.
10. A good horse book is a great choice. Keep the book age appropriate. Tack shops, Bookstores and many online retailers carry books about horses. Fiction, grooming, and how to books are some of the many choices.
11. Horse videos, need I say more? What child does not enjoy videos? Whether it is educational or fictional they are always treasured.
12. Horse bedding such as sheets, blankets, comforters and throws is a functional and useful gift.
13. Games are fun. Make sure you buy the ones for the appropriate age level. Horseopoly is a game modeled after the original monopoly game and is available online and in Tack shops.
14. A horse puzzle makes a wonderful gift.
15. If all else fails, tweens especially will cherish a gift card at a local Tack shop.