Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Drive on...




Drive on…

Let me say that getting on an interstate highway has never been one of my favorite things.  When I took Driver’s Ed in High School the instructor had to force me to get on 95.  The traffic, the cars weaving in and out at 70 plus MPH, the trucks whose wake can force a compact car to fly off the road, all give me the willies.  Perhaps it’s my inability to be aggressive behind the wheel.  I give in, I let people cut me off, and I sometimes drive slowly. 

So I decide to take the interstate and as I reach the entry ramp I see cars barreling towards me at a high rate of speed trying to be in the exact place that I am!  So feeling like I’m one of three stooges, I zigzag my way onto the highway.  Surprisingly I make it on alive so I relax until its time to get off and I have to try and avoid the cars trying to zigzag around me in order to get on get on.

Perhaps we should just all go back to horse and buggies, or maybe just a horse.  No one can move all that fast and the horses can avoid each other.  The only road rage we will experience will be when one horse kicks another and usually the tougher one will win.  Our energy source will no longer pollute the air because it is now hay and grain.  What’s more, the byproduct it produces one can use to, yes, fertilize the ground to make more grain! 

No longer will you have to purchase tires that cost $300 apiece.  Horseshoes are pretty inexpensive and what’s more, they bring you luck!

When you go horse shopping you don’t have to look under any hood, you just have to open his mouth.  And the best benefit of all is that the horse will love you back.  You can’t say that about any car.  And do you know of any car that can create another little car?  It’s a win-win situation.

Ok, so it may take you a few days to go over the hill and through the woods to Grandma’s house.  And vet bills can add up pretty quickly. Come to think of it I never heard of a car spontaneously bucking a person out the window.  And that little vehicle your horse just spit out will not be ready for the road for a few years. So although there are benefits in the war of car vs. horse, I think I’ll just tough it out and continue with a Toyota.  Hmmm, I wonder, are Asian horses better than ones from the states?


1 comment:

Linda said...

These are beautiful Crystal, great art. Linda :)x

Related Posts with Thumbnails