Saturday, August 7, 2010

Of Mice in a maze and men


Who of us haven’t decided on the spur of the moment to take a detour through one of those cookie cutter subdivisions?  I mean most of the time they have more than one gate and it seems that you have noticed one of them exiting at just the place you need to be, right?
That was my first mistake.

Every single house looked almost exactly alike.  They had the same SUV’s parked in the driveways; they had the same Craft Show wreath on the door, and pretty much the same people outside fiddling with the shrubs.

I turned down one street, dead end Cul de sac.  I turned the opposite way and lo and behold, another cul de sac.  What is it with cul de sacs?  Starting to feel more and more like a rat in a maze I continued driving down one street after another only to be met with yet another, yes you guessed it, Cul de sac!

At this point I really started to feel a bit frantic. Was I now in my very own Twilight Zone?  Fear enveloped me as I came to the realization that I may never find my way out. 

What was that up ahead, another Cul de sac or, no, could it be a gate? At this point I was taking any gate that came my way.  I needed to liberate myself of this Subdivided nightmare.  I turned towards the freedom I craved.  There it was right in front of me after 20 minutes of riding around in circles, ovals and squares, the very same gate that I had entered.

I have learned.  Human GPS I am not.  So I have but one burning question.  How do these people find their way home??

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails